I will be teaching four fifty-mintue classes consisting of two eight grade sections, one seventh grade section and a sixth grade section. The rest of the day I will be invovled in a new state required intervention program called RTI (Readiness to Intervention). This program invovles one-on-one tutoring with at-risk students K-3.
I've been busy lately with trying to plan how to decorate my room. I have finally decided to have a classroom theme of frogs. My classroom motto will be "Leap Into Learning." I have my work cut out for me on the agenda this summer
- fill in the one hundred holes in my walls (the teacher before me loved to hang things with bolts, MEN!)
- paint the front three walls dark green
- paint a cabinet a lighter shade of green and trim in the same dark green
- touch up the white walls
- draw a mural (I will attempt to do this myself, I have made a sketch)
- decorate the walls
- organize the furniture
- unpack my storage bins
- hang bullentin board in hall for student work
- look at the state standards
- familarize myself with the curriculum
- mentally prepare
- post pictures for you to see of "our new pad"
Of yes, I am also sponsoring Student Council this year so if you currently sponsor or ever have I would love to hear from you on some things you know that works with the club.
Thanks for hopping by...
Hope you are having a good summer