Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dr. Shadden "Really Has a Ring To It"


This weekend I made the biggest decision of my life thus far! I must say it took much consideration due to the time commitment invovled. I am excited, but at the same time very nervous. I have enrolled to begin the Educational Leadership Doctoral program at Argosy University in Nashville this fall. As many of you know as an educator I have a strong value of higher education. Many of you probably do not know that since graduating high school I have been enrolled every semester in a college program. I consider myself to be a very ambitious person and contribute that to my professional success. At the age of 25 I currently hold a Bachelor's Degree in Multidisciplinary Studies of Human Learning K-8, and a Master's Degree in Instructional Leadership. I am highly qualified to teach grades K-6 and/or pursue a position in administration or supervision. It is estimated with much hard work that I will complete my Ed.D in Educational Leadership within three years. So that by the age of 28 you may be calling me Dr. Shadden. How exciting is that! It is going to be challeging because I am working full-time as a fourth grade educator, but I have a large support system behind me. I have to say that my parents are my number one cheerleaders. They are the best in the world and have provided their unconditional love through each of my professional endeavors. I am also excited to be attending the program along the side of my administrator (our school principal.) We will be each others support system away from home. We will be commuting, studying, and helping one another every step of the way. I have been blessed with a dedicated and loyal administrator which has encouraged me to persue larger dreams than I truly ever imagined. With her gudiance I have been able to see that in the future when I am ready that many doors can open. Please keep me in your prayers because I will be traveling to campus frequently.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Wow...that is so awesome. I will keep you in my prayers as you begin! The Lord will reward your ambition and hard work, hang in there!!

Denira Baird Williams said...

This is awesome Summershea. I know you'll do a great job!!! I'll be praying! Keep us posted!